5 EASY STEPS TO GET YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE
Posted at 10:30am
"If you are not a digital marketing expert, getting started might be incredibly overwhelming. Getting your business online takes a lot of time and effort. Therefore, it is better to get an expert to help you take over or roll out your digital marketing efforts." - Marine
The past year has really taught us the absolute imperative of getting our businesses online. With most stuck at home and businesses being forced to shut, the only place you could connect with your customers and potential customers is online.
Businesses that went online before or during the hard lockdown might have gotten off a little better with loyal customers finding you online and supporting your business during the difficult times… However, there were a few businesses that somehow managed to grow during these difficult times.
These businesses used the lockdown to their advantage by establishing themselves online, actively engaging and keeping their stakeholders entertained when people at home had nothing better to do than scroll social media pages.
It is also important to note, customers have radically changed their buying habits and these changes are expected to last even after the pandemic ends. If you are yet to establish your business online, we are here to help!
We have created a list of what you need to thrive in the online world:
1. You need a user-friendly website. It is one thing having a website that gets the necessary information across, but having customers return to your website is what will set you apart. Customers will return if you have valuable information on your website, and products they are interested in, ensuring it is easily accessible and user friendly. You have 15 seconds to capture someone’s interest when visiting your website, with a user-friendly website design you will be able to do this.
2. You need to be locally optimised. People in your area need to be able to find your business online. With an incredibly saturated online market, it is easy to get lost in the clutter. Therefore, it is important to optimise your website for search and local results.
3. A strategic social media plan. A detailed and thought-out social media strategy will help your business stand out above the rest. To successfully speak to your target audience, you will need to think like your target audience. What topics would interest them? Where would they go to find similar products and services?
4. Design and visuals. A social media strategy is only as good as your designs. Your posts and content should be visually appealing, high quality and in the correct format. It should not overwhelm potential customers, but instead encourage them to interact with your brand.
5. A consistent message. Branding is key to standing out. You need to create and establish your brand among your target audience that is relatable, trustworthy and transparent. Practice what you preach and be ethical in all your practises.
If you are not a digital marketing expert, getting started might be incredibly overwhelming. Getting your business online takes a lot of time and effort. Therefore, it is better to get an expert to help you take over or roll out your digital marketing efforts.
Investing in digital marketing and getting your business online will certainly pay off in the long run. Speak to one of our expert consultants about any of your digital marketing questions or concerns and GET A FREE DIGITAL MARKETING PROPOSAL.
Want more tips straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our newsletter.